Configured Asterisk with SugarCRM
Our client, a Travel and Leisure services specialists, needed a Call Centre solution to organize and record call activities, manage customer relationships more efficiently. Ideadunes team customized the Asterisk for the SugarCRM platform on the Elastix server and serve our client’s specific requirements.
Our client is a Travel domain company with a large number of Call activities to manage.
The good news: their customer base was expanding at exponential speed and they had a backlog of servicing the customers because of the improper management of the information. The bad news: they needed a sophisticated CRM tool with an integrated Call functionlaity that would allow them to enhance relationships with current customers, find the best available option for them, and reduce the costs associated
- With high volumes of customer calls, Almosafer needed an Asterisk solution that could be tightly integrated with their SugarCRM system.
- The Outbound and Inbound calls should be routed from SugarCRM.
- For any outbound and inbound a POP up should be display with the Contact and account details which is associated with him (For example: POP up window displays the Contact name, Phone number, Email, Account name)
- Able to record the ‘Notes’ and ‘Audio’ and attach to the Contact within SugarCRM application.
- Ability to perform the actions like Recording (Start, Pause, Stop) the Audio and Hold actions on the call.
How It Works
When the user clicks on a phone number, Sugar validates that it is a legitimate phone number and if so, it then makes an API call to Asterisk, sending both the user’s extension number and the connecting phone number. Asterisk first rings the user’s extension and if the user picks up, Asterisk then dials the phone number and connects the the newly placed call.
The Ideadunes developers implemented the open source solution for the Integration of Call feature with SugarCRM . Some of the features of the application are:
Click on any phone number in SugarCRM and your call will be established on Asterisk, this will open a new pop up window without going away from the current screen. From here you can:
- Log of the call will be maintained in SugarCRM
- New call, activity can be scheduled
- Recording of the call can also be maintained in SugarCRM
- Multiple inbound calls can be received
- Inbound calls routing logic can reside in Asterisk or SugarCRM (Some customizations will be required here)
- On receiving inbound call, a pop up window will come giving you details of the account and history (depending upon what you want to see in the inbound call screen some modifications will be required.)
The Asterisk Integration with SugarCRM enabled our client to optimize the Call functionality with the customers. They can now call the customer with just a click in their CRM with the benefit of the History with the respected client attached to it so the caller knows about the client even before he calls or picks up the phone which makes the system person independent , as one do not need to have the same caller to call the client whom he/she has had a conversation earlier.
The process optimized the calling time and also utilized the best of CRM to make their customers Happy!
October 3, 2013